Jan 22, 2007

eBay Hot Sale - Week 3/2007


"Wow! That's a lot of money!" My exact thoughts when I saw the closing price on this 1973 Gold Bond 200A which ended 1/16. For those not familiar with the Gold Bond, it's a gold-color Coleman 200A that was made for the Gold Bond Trading Stamp Company in the early to mid 70s. My mother used to save Gold Bond stamps, also Blue Chip stamps, and the green ones. But she never traded them for a cool gold lantern. I think she got a red fondue pot. and bongo drums.
Anyway, the Gold Bond 200A is a pretty scarce lantern, but you'll see one or two a month on eBay. They generally settle in the $300 to $500 range depending on how flush the bidder is. And by flush I mean drunk.
The buyer of this latest Gold Bond was bombed out of his mind and the gavel came down at $921.11. Wow, that's a lot of money for a lantern that has been used (despite the sellers claims otherwise) and with a chip in the hood. I think its going to take a lot of sake to make the sweetheart pretty again.

No comments: